Principal's Summer Newsletter 2018
Greetings to you from OLC!
To begin, I would like to welcome our new families to school community. We look forward to getting to know you better in September.
It is extremely difficult to think that July has come and gone, along with Summer Camp 2018. Ms. Zadroga, her camp staff and young campers had tons of fun each day enjoying the playground and pool, as well as having fun in so many other ways.
In addition to Summer Camp, lots of work has been done since the children left for summer break. Here are a few highlights to look forward to in the coming year:
- OLC now has a Lower School (preschool-grade 2) and an Upper School (grades 3-8).
- Moving Day occurred on July 24th & 25th. Boxes were taken to the Boys and Girls Club and the school’s belongings were removed from the Convent. Although Michelle and Joyce are still conducting business from the Convent for now, we will be completely out of the Convent by the fall.
- Three Open Houses have been scheduled at our new location for the parents of students in grades 3-8. Mr. Greenberg will be present to share information about the aftercare program at The Boys and Girls Club. A separate email blast was sent to the families with children in grades 3-8 with specific information.
- Chromebooks will replace the iPads for students in grades 4-8. Each student will be issued a Chromebook for use in school. As a result, more iPads will be available for the students in preschool and K-3.
- The School Calendar 18-19 is now on our website.
- A New Administrative Team has been formed. Shortly, you will receive a Meet the Administrative Team email blast that will introduce the team and their roles.
- Unfortunately, Ms. Manning, Mrs. Poetzsch and Ms. Ryan will not be returning in the fall. Fortunately, my search has yielded many qualified candidates for their positions.
As you begin to prepare for the start of school, the following are a few reminders:
- The Dress Code for the Lower School and Upper School is important, with a regulation uniform sold at only Flynn and O’Hara. Log on for specific uniform information, as well as refer to last year’s handbooks.
- Class placement letters will be mailed at the end of August. Specific parent requests will be considered. However, in the end, the teachers and administration made the final decision with the best interest of all students in mind.
- Check the school calendar for important dates. Shortly, an Events Calendar will be posted.
- Roll up your child to the next grade level at LJ’s website so your child’s order will be sent to the correct site.
As we continue to work to prepare for the opening of two sites, we look forward to another productive year and seeing all of you in September.
In the Spirit of OLC,
Anna Mae Stefanelli