Friday, June 5, 2015 marked the official opening and blessing of our new playground. Lots of us were there to celebrate the efforts of our accomplishment. With your support, Father Tom and I were able to make a dream come true. He and I both send our thanks and appreciation. Without you, the playground would not have come to fruition.
As we close another school year, I want to recall just a few major accomplishments of the 2014-2015 school year that have brought or will bring OLC/LHA to new heights.
- TerraNova scores remain at and above Blue Ribbon criteria.
- We eagerly await news regarding our Blue Ribbon application.
- Many parents completed the Middle States survey, which has provided information that will be instrumental in the reaccreditation process.
- A Math Olympiad afterschool club was started this year.
With each new year comes change. With mixed emotions, we will be saying farewell to the following staff members:
- Mrs. Janine Ruff has decided to follow her passion and devote her time to a career in the health and wellness field.
- Mr. Brandon Alboum will be returning to school full time in the fall to participate in a fast track program ending in a Master’s degree in Special Education. However, don’t be surprised if you see him substituting or working in aftercare.
- Ms. Stephanie Kmec will be moving to join family in Colorado.
- Mrs. Dana Hendowicz will be moving to Long Island where an opportunity for her husband to grow in the field of chiropractic medicine has arisen.
As sad as it is to see them go, I know you will join me in wishing them only the best in their new endeavors. You can look forward to receiving information shortly introducing our new faculty and staff.
Next, I would like to thank Father Tom for his most gracious letter of appreciation. As he enters his next term as the Pastor of OLC, I look forward to working alongside him with the hope of seeing our school soar even greater. I want to thank him for his continual support and encouragement as well as his willingness in allowing me to create an environment that looks for academic excellence. As a result, OLC has become the place to be!
Anna Mae Stefanelli