Dear Members of the OLC/LHA Community,
Happy New Year! Best wishes are extended for a year full of joy, good health and success. The start of a new year is an opportunity to look back at what has been accomplished and more importantly, a time to look forward to the changes that we want to make.
As we look back, we celebrate our following accomplishments:
- Donated $1465 to Bag a Lunch, Help a Bunch, which generated 14,650 lunches helping to nourish young children, single parent families, senior adults and veterans who are struggling in our community.
- Donated $966 to Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
- Collected carloads of clothing and toys for local families, which were distributed by the Jersey City Fire Department.
- Near the completion of the new playground.
- Completed successful Open Houses which indicated a continued interest in our school.
- Submitted the Blue Ribbon application.
The day after mailing the Blue Ribbon application, The Momentum, a Catholic journal, arrived in the mail. The featured article detailed the journeys of three Catholic schools as they pursued this prestigious award. The link at the bottom of my letter will bring you to the article. It will help you understand how fortunate we are to be among the 420 schools eligible to apply. We pray that we make it to the next level, given only 50 schools are selected.
As we look ahead, there is much to anticipate. As always, we look forward to making improvements that will continue to enhance and/or improve our school. The following are changes and events that you can expect:
- The Grand Opening of the new playground.
- New social studies textbooks in grades 4-8 and new wall maps in many classrooms.
- A host of exciting activities for Catholic Schools Week, with an evening presentation on January 29th by Dr. Gonzalez about childhood concussions.
- Re-registration letters in the backpacks shortly.
- More service work done by the students with an emphasis on service.
As we move into the second week of the new year, we look forward with eager enthusiasm to a successful second half of the school year.
In peace and love,
Anna Mae Stefanelli
Click here to read the Momentum article.