We hope your summer is off to a great start! We must say that by far, it was one of the most outstanding years at OLC! As a community, we reached our goals and achieved new milestones. Together we…
- Received the National Blue Ribbon Distinction for Catholic schools 2015
- Remained above the Blue Ribbon cut scores and have set the stage for a second attempt in the year 2020
- Have been reaccredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- Have been awarded a grant by the Simon Foundation in the amount of $37,000 to provide additional funds for our math program
- Hired a math coach, Mr. Keating, who is putting the grant to good use
- Updated and increased the number of iPads and laptops
- Increased the number of classes using social media to spread OLC’s message
- Purchased an interactive SmartTable for use in preschool and kindergarten
- Had a keyless access system installed at the four major doors in the main building for safer access to the building for faculty and staff
- Revamped our Summer Camp 2016 and are looking forward to its opening on June 27th
- Purchased new equipment for Mr. Enes to use during his PE class
- Had extremely successful PSA fund and “fun”raisers
- Added special programming to our afterschool program, such as Flyaroo and Create & Explore
- Began gardening and recycling initiatives that will continue next year
- Contributed to community and national outreach programs such as Red Nose Day, and Heifer International, and by so doing, addressed two U.N. Sustainable Development Goals
- Established a Girls on the Run group at OLC
- Continued to support teachers with professional development provided by our own teachers, as well as professionals from institutions such as Teachers College
- Placed 3rd place in 6th grade math competition at Marist High School
As you can see, its was some year! We really do need to count our blessings for all the good that has come our way.
As in the past, you can anticipate two email blasts this summer with information for the 2016-2017 school year. I promise that August’s mailing with be sent out earlier so you have your child’s teacher placement in a timely manner.
If you are returning in the fall, the Summer Enrichment Packets are up on the website. Please remember that all students entering grades kindergarten through grade 8 must complete the packet and return it in the manner the teacher requested. It serves as a critical component to begin the new school year.
If you are leaving the OLC community, I wish you all the best and remind you that you will always be an honorary member of our community.
See you in September!
Anna Mae Stefanelli, Principal
Nelly Morales, Vice Principal